Honey with lemon: Properties and recipes
With the arrival of the cold, there are good natural remedies to soothe aches and pains in the body. Hot liquids help relieve nasal congestion and honey with lemon can help soothe an irritated throat.
Today we will tell you different recipes so that you can apply to a sore throat with honey and lemon, as well as the benefits and properties that these two foods have together.
Benefits of honey with lemon
The mixture of honey and lemon is often used in case of colds, flu or colds, as it helps to relieve discomfort, specifically those of the throat.
Honey is a natural ingredient that has multiple beneficial properties for the body. It can be used as a sweetener, but in turn, it can also help us improve digestive capacity and can improve constipation symptoms.
On the other hand, it is also considered a diuretic, antioxidant, expectorant, digestive and natural soothing food. Specifically, it helps us:
- Relieve bronchitis, asthma and sore throat: due to antibiotic and antiseptic characteristics
- Promote bowel movement, fighting constipation.
- Combat poor digestion and gastric ulcers.
Recipes with honey and lemon for the throat
Infusion of honey with lemon
You will need to:
- Cut the lemon in half and remove as many seeds as possible..
- Squeeze the lemon into a cup and save the juice.
- Boil the water.
- Fill the cup with boiled water and add part of the lemon juice to the same amount of honey
The hotter you pour the tea, the more relief it can provide and soothe your throat.
Lemon, honey and thyme macerate
- 2 lemons
- Fresh thyme
- 350 g of flower honey or honey with propolis.
- Wash the lemons well and cut them into quarters.
- Clean and dry the fresh thyme leaves.
- Place a couple of layers of lemons with a few thyme leaves in a jar with a lid.
- Heat the honey, without boiling, and cover the lemons in the jar. Let rest
- Let it marinate for a couple of days.
With this, you can take a tablespoon at breakfast or between meals and thus soothe your throat with one of the most natural foods, honey and lemon.
With the honey syrup you can combat sore throats and cold symptoms.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze it.
- Pour the honey into a bowl and then add lemon.
- Stir and add warm water.
- The remedy is ready when the mixture is consistent.
If you want this remedy to work, the ideal is to take these tablespoons before going to sleep. His thing is to do it until the discomfort is completely eliminated.
Tricks and tips
- Honey does not cure, it relieves symptoms of discomfort, sore throat or congestion. So you will have to combine it with other medications as long as you have consulted a specialist before.
- Using eucalyptus honey works as a natural expectorant, so you can combine it to help relieve mucus.
Contraindications of honey and aspects to consider
There are people who may suffer some contraindications to the consumption of honey:
- People with allergies: people with a tendency to suffer from allergies should avoid honey, since when consuming it they may experience allergic reactions due to the pollen grains that are present.
- Under 1 year: The digestive system takes time to develop because these foods that cause serious poisoning must be avoided.
Maes Honey and her honey
In Maes Honey you can find different types of honeys, multifloral honeys, monoflorals and forest honey.
You may also be interested in: