Honey, beneficial delicacy
Honey is one of the purest, most natural foods with the greatest amount of health benefits.
Honey, beneficial delicacy involving bees, flowers, nectar; who has always been with us and, besides, does us good. Its preparation and marketing does not require additives or chemicals which means it does not need preservatives.
So knowing this why the most we should consume this delicious and healthy “elixir”:
- It regulates the oozing in the blood: When honey is consumed, the fructose portion allows glucose to be captured by the liver to form glycogen that becomes available to the brain, heart, kidneys and red blood cells.
- Antibacterial potential: Due to the inhibitions present in honey, honey has important properties such as bactericidal. Studies have shown that it is effective against dozens of strains, including E. coli and salmonella.
- Proven, calm throat: A study of 139 children found that honey was more effective at relieving nighttime cough and improving sleep than the popular cough suppressant dextrometorphan and antihistamine diphenhydramine (Benadryl). However, not giving honey to children under one year old.
- Source of antioxidants and anti-inflammatory action: it can be an important dietary supplement for the prevention of heart disease, the immune system and inflammatory processes. Honey also has the property of reducing muscle swelling and relieving pain caused by inflammation.
- Natural honey reduces metabolic stress: Natural honey produces glycogen in the liver, which is the reservoir of energy the brain needs for its normal functioning.
- Improves brain function: If there is not enough calcium, the brain will not function properly. There is scientific information that has shown that natural honey helps absorb and fix calcium in the body, favoring proper brain function.
- Moisturizing power: The high concentration of moisture in lamiel can be essential for moisturizing different parts of our body. Therefore, it is often used as a moisturizer for the hair and scalp. But, for honey to maintain this property it is important that it is not exposed to high temperatures because it could lose them.
- Promotes digestion: When mixed with other natural products (lemon juice or cinnamon) honey can promote the activity of the digestive system. This means that it helps metabolize food, preventing stomach indigestions from occurring. It also helps relieve symptoms of constipation, prevent reflux and help relieve diarrhea.
- Wound and burn treatment: Honey has always been used to heal wounds. Helps relieve sunburn and spots on the face. It is also attributed antiseptic properties that help reduce the chance of infection when applied to some wounds.
Honey, beneficial delicacy and explosion of flavor
Aside from its healthy benefits, it is an excellent enhancer of food flavors and has a great impact on cooking.
To keep in mind when buying honey:
- The package must be spelled the word honey or honey bee. There are products that mix honey with corn syrup or high fructose corn syrup to make it yield more. It is a honey-based food that is allowed, can be consumed, but it is not pure honey.
- In the bottle you can see the net weight, and where the production of honey comes from. It is indistinct that it is stored in glass or plastic container.
- It can be liquid or solid, does not vary the nutritional value.
At Maes we are committed to quality and safety in our products. We take care of the product from the purchase of honey to the optimal arrival of consumers. From the acquisition of raw materials to the delivery of honey, all selection, reception, production and shipping processes are subject to strict and rigorous control.
For this reason there are certification processes; Maes Honey is the Spanish honey company with the highest certifications: BRC, IFS, Kosher, FDA and Halal.